Welcome to Day 2 of the Valentine clipart freebies!
Today’s freebie is this adorable and yet very practical pillow box!
A pillow box is a really fun way to wrap up some little treats for your loved ones. They’re perfect for chocolates and candies, gift certificates, jewellery and all sorts of goodies.
Included in this freebie is the template below, which comes in two sizes, large and medium. The large one fills an 8.5 by 11 sheet of card stock and the medium-sized template is half the size. The large box is about 6×4 inches when assembled.
Directions for Pillow Box Assembly:
- Download the template and valentine paper.
- Print the template onto card stock. Then print the heart paper onto the other side.
- Cut out the template carefully along the outer black lines.
- Lightly score the dotted lines for easy folding. I just used the end of my scissors, but you could also use the end of a knitting needle, the end of a pen cap, the corner of a ruler, pretty much anything that can score the paper without ripping it. And it IS important to score as it prevents the paper from cracking and wrinkling when you fold it.
- When scoring the curvy lines, just score small sections rather than the whole line.
- Fold the paper along the centre fold (white sides together). Add some glue to the outer flap (on the heart side) and glue the box together. Let dry (you might want to place it under something heavy to ensure a strong bond).
- Gently squeeze the long edges so that the box pops open a bit and then fold the end flaps into place.
- Super easy, friends!
Here’s my finished pillow box. This is the first one I’ve ever made and it took me about 10 minutes. I’m going to make several to hold Valentine treats for my husband, sons and their wives!